Interview with an Orthopedic Nurse PractitionerSep 28, 2021
It’s super common for new NPs — and experienced ones — to get anxious when encountering orthopedic complaints.
It’s a conundrum — on one hand, it seems like it should be simple. After all, you can feel all the musculoskeletal body structures right there.
But at the same time, there are so many (SO MANY!) nuances to each body part. And there’s a lot of ortho lingo to wrap your head around.
That’s why it’s helpful to understand exactly what an orthopedic nurse practitioner does — and what that means for working in primary care.
Orthopedic Nurse Practitioner Interview
So sit back and enjoy — this week, orthopedic nurse practitioner, Yessica Salazar, has stopped by to talk ortho with us...and left behind so many great clinical pearls that I just know will help you in your daily practice:
- How to order knee X-rays the right way
- Her approach to medications for orthopedic complaints
- Non-invasive treatment options for patients
(FYI: to slow down the audio speed, hit the gear symbol in the bottom right corner and change it to .75x or .5x. Closed captions are also located at the bottom R hand corner of the video.)
🎉 CME opportunity available for this video!
Here's how it works:
1. Click on this CME link: https://earnc.me/1Fz24q Sign up for $10 for this video episode.
2. Answer 2 reflective “nudges” AKA questions about what you learned and how it applies to your practice
3. Earn 1 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit! You can download your credits when you’re ready to use them (applicable for AANP, ANCC, and NCCPA certifications!)
This is a 3-month pilot program to see if this is something that would serve our nurse practitioners and physician associates going forward! To learn more about how you can access these CME opportunities, go to: https://info.cmefy.com
The CME experience for The Real World NP Podcast, Youtube Channel, and Blog posts is powered by CMEfy - a seamless way for busy clinician learners to discover Internet Point-of-Care Learning opportunities that reward AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).™ Learn more at http://about.cmefy.com/cme-info