Interview with a Women's Health Nurse PractitionerJun 30, 2021
⭐️ CME Opportunity for this video below ⭐️
One of the struggles for new nurse practitioners in primary care is managing women’s health topics, and knowing if and when to refer to an OBGYN specialist. We want to do things the right way and use resources we can trust.
Women's Health Nurse Practitioner Interview
In this week’s video, I’m interviewing Monica Carter, who is a family nurse practitioner who has practiced in the women’s health setting for the last 13 years. She dropped SO many pearls and pitfalls of practice, and is truly a gem of a human. We answered questions from the community for a women’s health provider, including:
- Tips for finding cervixes on pap smears, when to do a pap post-hysterecomy, and how to assess the variable appearances of cervixes on exam
- Tips and resources for managing menopausal symptoms, abnormal pap results, choosing contraceptives (such great insights!) and medications in pregnancy
- Getting into GYN as a family nurse practitioner
- When to refer to maternal fetal medicine
- Initial workup for infertility and pearls of practice
(FYI: to slow down the audio speed, hit the gear symbol in the bottom right corner and change it to .75x or .5x. Closed captions are also located at the bottom R hand corner of the video.)
- ACOG green journal (need an ACOG membership or you can purchase)
- Menopro app (Not available currently - will activate when it comes back online)
Choosing birth control & best resources
🎉 CME opportunity available for this video!
Here's how it works:
1. Click on this CME link: https://earnc.me/AXuYbH Sign up for $10 for this video episode.
2. Answer 2 reflective “nudges” AKA questions about what you learned and how it applies to your practice
3. Earn 1 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit! You can download your credits when you’re ready to use them (applicable for AANP, ANCC, and NCCPA certifications!)
This is a 3-month pilot program to see if this is something that would serve our nurse practitioners and physician associates going forward! To learn more about how you can access these CME opportunities, go to: https://info.cmefy.com
The CME experience for The Real World NP Podcast, Youtube Channel, and Blog posts is powered by CMEfy - a seamless way for busy clinician learners to discover Internet Point-of-Care Learning opportunities that reward AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).™ Learn more at http://about.cmefy.com/cme-info
SUPPORT & EDUCATION, WITHOUT THE FLUFF
Get these weekly video & podcast episodes delivered to your inbox.
Becoming a skillful NP is a marathon, not a sprint. The Real World NP team is here to help guide you and support you along the way, with relevant, concise weekly bite-sized clinical pearls & practice tips.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.