Nurse Practitioner Stress, Burnout and Compassion FatigueJun 23, 2020
The transition from RN to NP is TOUGH.
It's exhausting, stressful, but oh so worth it.
We need to be careful, though, because too much stress and not enough strategic prevention can lead to burnout and something called compassion fatigue, which can fizzle out our drive and passion-- and worse, may even lead to leaving the profession altogether.
Prevention and Treatment of Stress, Burnout, and Compassion Fatigue
In this video, I'm covering:
- The risk factors, signs and symptoms of stress, burnout, and compassion fatigue (it's not necessarily what you think)
- How to know if you're having any of these (or all three)
- And what to do about it (prevention AND treatment)
Burnout and Compassion Fatigue Resources
- Take your ProQuol self-assessment here
- Read the book To Weep for A Stranger: Compassion Fatigue in Caregiving by Patricia Smith if any of this is resonating with you: (not an affiliate link)