Pelvic Floor Dysfunction for New Nurse PractitionersFeb 17, 2021
⭐️ CME Opportunity for this video below ⭐️
I’m SO excited to share this interview with you. I’m interviewing two pelvic floor therapists -- a family nurse practitioner who has gotten additional training, and a physical therapist with a specialty in pelvic floor therapy.
This is SO IMPORTANT. It seems like a hidden corner of medicine that we don’t learn about in school, or maybe it’s touched on when it comes to dyspareunia or urinary incontinence, but it’s so much more than that and we have the power to be so helpful for patients.
It relates to widespread chief complaints in primary care: dysuria, constipation, pelvic pain, and urinary incontinence, to name a few.
What You Need to Know About Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
In this video, we cover so, so many gems, including:
- What is pelvic floor therapy?
- What is pelvic floor dysfunction?
- When would someone need that?
- What do you wish primary care providers knew?
- What resources do you recommend to learn more or to get patients access?
- Why should we not give exercise handouts?
Check it out here:
(FYI: to slow down the audio speed, hit the gear symbol in the bottom right corner and change it to .75x or .5x. Closed captions are also located at the bottom R-hand corner of the video.)
🎉 CME opportunity available for this video!
Here's how it works:
1. Click on this CME link: https://earnc.me/qC05Mn Sign up for $10 for this video episode.
2. Answer 2 reflective “nudges” AKA questions about what you learned and how it applies to your practice
3. Earn 1 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit! You can download your credits when you’re ready to use them (applicable for AANP, ANCC, and NCCPA certifications!)
This is a 3-month pilot program to see if this is something that would serve our nurse practitioners and physician associates going forward! To learn more about how you can access these CME opportunities, go to: https://info.cmefy.com
The CME experience for The Real World NP Podcast, Youtube Channel, and Blog posts is powered by CMEfy - a seamless way for busy clinician learners to discover Internet Point-of-Care Learning opportunities that reward AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).™ Learn more at http://about.cmefy.com/cme-info
SUPPORT & EDUCATION, WITHOUT THE FLUFF
Get these weekly video & podcast episodes delivered to your inbox.
Becoming a skillful NP is a marathon, not a sprint. The Real World NP team is here to help guide you and support you along the way, with relevant, concise weekly bite-sized clinical pearls & practice tips.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.