Trauma Informed Care for Nurse PractitionersDec 15, 2020
⭐️ CME Opportunity for this video below ⭐️
Trauma-informed care sounds like a hard-to-learn, difficult and stressful topic (also reclaimed as “healing-centered care” to de-center trauma in some places, which feels a lot friendlier).
But it’s really accessible. It’s a paradigm of practice you’re likely already doing a lot of in your day-to-day practice, but possibly being more aware of it can help you be more intentional about it.
It centers around the ways that trauma impacts patient care, and the specific ways we can interact with our patients to avoid re-triggering trauma.
I’m sharing about this topic because 1) it’s important, but 2) because even caring, well-intentioned providers can cause harm if they’re uninformed.
It makes a HUGE difference to patients to practice this way!
How to Provide Trauma-Informed Care and Avoid Unintentional Harm
In this video I cover:
- The types of responses patients get in response to a stressful situation and what to watch out for
- What Trauma Informed Care is and the specific ways you can help patients feel safe and avoid re-traumatization
Check it out below 👇
(FYI: to slow down the audio speed, hit the gear symbol in the bottom right corner and change it to .75x or .5x. Closed captions are also located at the bottom R hand corner of the video.)
🎉 CME opportunity available for this video!
Here's how it works:
1. Click on this CME link: https://earnc.me/jUwm5t Sign up for $10 for this video episode.
2. Answer 2 reflective “nudges” AKA questions about what you learned and how it applies to your practice
3. Earn 1 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit! You can download your credits when you’re ready to use them (applicable for AANP, ANCC, and NCCPA certifications!)
This is a 3-month pilot program to see if this is something that would serve our nurse practitioners and physician associates going forward! To learn more about how you can access these CME opportunities, go to: https://info.cmefy.com
The CME experience for The Real World NP Podcast, Youtube Channel, and Blog posts is powered by CMEfy - a seamless way for busy clinician learners to discover Internet Point-of-Care Learning opportunities that reward AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).™ Learn more at http://about.cmefy.com/cme-info