How to Delegate Effectively as a Nurse Practitioner: Interview with a Leadership CoachJun 22, 2021
⭐️ CME Opportunity for this video below ⭐️
When we’re nurse practitioner students, we’re so focused on the clinical aspects of our jobs that most of the time when we graduate, we’ve caught by surprise.
There’s an entirely new role we need to step into as well: delegating, supervising and managing staff members.
It’s especially tricky when you’re supervising someone, but you’re not technically their boss-- like medical assistants and nurses.
And it’s also difficult because as nurses, we’re so used to working as a team, pitching in, and it feels like we should just “do it ourselves” when it comes to delegating.
How to Delegate as a New NP
In this week’s video, I’m interviewing executive and leadership coach Jackie Kindall with the questions from the audience about delegation and managing team members as a new nurse practitioner.
- Why it’s actually a not helpful for us to “do it ourselves” and how delegation is actually helpful and important to do
- The common pitfalls new nurse practitioners and leaders experience when it comes to delegation and supervision
- How to effectively delegate and troubleshoot when things are not going well
Check it out here:
(FYI: to slow down the audio speed, hit the gear symbol in the bottom right corner and change it to .75x or .5x. Closed captions are also located at the bottom R hand corner of the video.)
🎉 CME opportunity available for this video!
Here's how it works:
1. Click on this CME link: https://earnc.me/wxrCJ4 Sign up for $10 for this video episode.
2. Answer 2 reflective “nudges” AKA questions about what you learned and how it applies to your practice
3. Earn 1 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit! You can download your credits when you’re ready to use them (applicable for AANP, ANCC, and NCCPA certifications!)
This is a 3-month pilot program to see if this is something that would serve our nurse practitioners and physician associates going forward! To learn more about how you can access these CME opportunities, go to: https://info.cmefy.com
The CME experience for The Real World NP Podcast, Youtube Channel, and Blog posts is powered by CMEfy - a seamless way for busy clinician learners to discover Internet Point-of-Care Learning opportunities that reward AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).™ Learn more at http://about.cmefy.com/cme-info
If you liked this post, also check out: