Legal Questions from Nurse Practitioners AnsweredDec 21, 2020
It’s hard not to worry about malpractice when you’re taking on new levels of responsibility as a new nurse practitioner.
Irnise Williams is not only a health law lawyer, she now focuses on the education and legal work to help prevent malpractice cases in the first place.
AAAAAND she’s a nurse herself! Still taking care of patients as a covid float nurse while also running her legal practice, she’s truly a unicorn.
She and I sat down and discussed the questions nurse practitioners and students had in the Real World NP community!
(PS. if you want the chance to submit questions for future interviews, join the email list here!)
Nurse Practitioner Legal Questions Answered
We covered so many things, including:
- Most common reasons for malpractice cases
- How to document appropriately
- Should I have my own malpractice insurance?
- Scope of NP Practice and more
Note, some of the audio came out uneven, so apologies about that.
If you liked this post, also check out:
- LGBTQIA+ Competency for Healthcare Providers: Interview with Terra Anderson
- Nurse Practitioner Clinical Tips: Prepare Your First Clinical Rotation
- Billing and Coding for Nurse Practitioners: 2021 Updates