Managing Anxiety in Primary Care for New Nurse PractitionersApr 21, 2020
⭐️ CME Opportunity for this video below ⭐️
Managing anxiety in primary care is super common, but especially now during the pandemic quarantine. Even though there is a psychiatric mental health NP specialty and psychiatry specialists, we need to know how to care for patients with anxiety in primary care. It's not just about knowing what treatment, but also assessing alternative differentials and triaging patients appropriately.
In this video, you'll learn:
- When it's anxiety... and when it's not
- How to assess symptoms, history and the best tools to make it faster and easier
- The step-by-step to manage anxiety, and what to do if it's not working. There's SO much I could say about anxiety and mental health, let me know what questions you have or topics you want to hear more about.
Check it out here & grab your cheat sheet down below the video 👇
(FYI: to slow down the audio speed, hit the gear symbol in the bottom right corner and change it to .75x or .5x. Closed captions are also located at the bottom R hand corner of the video.)
Managing Anxiety in Primary Care Cheat Sheet
This episode comes with a cheat sheet to print out and keep at your desk for quick reference! Get your cheat sheet here.
Accessibility matters: Read full transcript HERE
🎉 CME opportunity available for this video!
Here's how it works:
1. Click on this CME link: https://earnc.me/JTk8c3 Sign up for $10 for this video episode.
2. Answer 2 reflective “nudges” AKA questions about what you learned and how it applies to your practice
3. Earn 1 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit! You can download your credits when you’re ready to use them (applicable for AANP, ANCC, and NCCPA certifications!)
This is a 3-month pilot program to see if this is something that would serve our nurse practitioners and physician associates going forward! To learn more about how you can access these CME opportunities, go to: https://info.cmefy.com
The CME experience for The Real World NP Podcast, Youtube Channel, and Blog posts is powered by CMEfy - a seamless way for busy clinician learners to discover Internet Point-of-Care Learning opportunities that reward AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).™ Learn more at http://about.cmefy.com/cme-info
SUPPORT & EDUCATION, WITHOUT THE FLUFF
Get these weekly video & podcast episodes delivered to your inbox.
Becoming a skillful NP is a marathon, not a sprint. The Real World NP team is here to help guide you and support you along the way, with relevant, concise weekly bite-sized clinical pearls & practice tips.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.