How to Choose Which Oral Contraceptive Pill for New Nurse PractitionersJul 14, 2020
⭐️ CME Opportunity for this video below ⭐️
When it comes to choosing which oral contraceptive pill to prescribe, there are SO many options. How do you know which one is the right one? As a new nurse practitioner, you’ll usually get different recommendations from different providers.
Choosing a Contraceptive Pill
In this video I’ll be covering:
- The first step to prescribing that’s easy to forget
- What criteria to consider when choosing
- The two main routes to follow (and how to know which one to go down)
(FYI: to slow down the audio speed, hit the gear symbol in the bottom right corner and change it to .75x or .5x. Closed captions are also located at the bottom R hand corner of the video.
- CDC Medical Eligibility Criteria: https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/contraception/pdf/summary-chart-us-medical-eligibility-criteria_508tagged.pdf
- List of Progestins by Androgen activity: https://fpnotebook.com/gyn/pharm/PrgstnAndrgncA
If you liked this post, also check out:
- Contraceptive Counselling For New Nurse Practitioners
- IUD Counselling For New Nurse Practitioners
- Interview with a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
Accessibility Matters: Read The Full Transcript Here
🎉 CME opportunity available for this video!
Here's how it works:
1. Click on this CME link: https://earnc.me/eMOi6T Sign up for $10 for this video episode.
2. Answer 2 reflective “nudges” AKA questions about what you learned and how it applies to your practice
3. Earn 1 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit! You can download your credits when you’re ready to use them (applicable for AANP, ANCC, and NCCPA certifications!)
This is a 3-month pilot program to see if this is something that would serve our nurse practitioners and physician associates going forward! To learn more about how you can access these CME opportunities, go to: https://info.cmefy.com
The CME experience for The Real World NP Podcast, Youtube Channel, and Blog posts is powered by CMEfy - a seamless way for busy clinician learners to discover Internet Point-of-Care Learning opportunities that reward AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).™ Learn more at http://about.cmefy.com/cme-info