Diabetes Management for New Nurse PractitionersJul 21, 2020
⭐️ CME Opportunity for this video below ⭐️
Diabetes management is the bread and butter of primary care. Why is it so hard to get a handle on blood sugar levels that are out of range?
First, there’s the meds. SO many meds.
Speaking of which, we cover all the medications and updated guidelines inside the Managing Diabetes, Hypertension and CKD Review Course. Hop on the waitlist to hear about the next time it's opening.
Second, there are so many facets of this illness that make it challenging for patients to manage.
Managing Diabetes in Primary Care
In this video, you’ll learn:
- The first question to start your diabetes visits with
- The two camps of patients, and how to think about & help each
- Strategies to help bring high A1Cs down
**Important note** A Real World NP audience member was kind enough to point out to me that referring to A1C goals out of range as "uncontrolled" is not a very patient-centered term, and encouraged me to talk about diabetes as a chronic "management" instead of something that one "controls." So I've updated the text here, but I still use the "uncontrolled" language in the video.
(FYI: to slow down the audio speed, hit the gear symbol in the bottom right corner and change it to .75x or .5x. Closed captions are also located at the bottom R-hand corner of the video.)
🎉 CME opportunity available for this video!
Here's how it works:
1. Click on this CME link: https://earnc.me/oVa9tS Sign up for $10 for this video episode.
2. Answer 2 reflective “nudges” AKA questions about what you learned and how it applies to your practice
3. Earn 1 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit! You can download your credits when you’re ready to use them (applicable for AANP, ANCC, and NCCPA certifications!)
This is a 3-month pilot program to see if this is something that would serve our nurse practitioners and physician associates going forward! To learn more about how you can access these CME opportunities, go to: https://info.cmefy.com
The CME experience for The Real World NP Podcast, Youtube Channel, and Blog posts is powered by CMEfy - a seamless way for busy clinician learners to discover Internet Point-of-Care Learning opportunities that reward AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).™ Learn more at http://about.cmefy.com/cme-info