Interview with a Lactation ConsultantAug 17, 2021
⭐️ CME Opportunity for this video below ⭐️
For patients, breastfeeding can be an emotional topic.
It’s often framed as a natural skill that breastfeeding parents and babies somehow magically know how to do after birth — but honestly, that’s not always the case.
While some breastfeeding parents — and babies — pick up this skill quickly, it isn’t always easy. Sometimes, support is needed to ensure breastfeeding works for both of them.
This leads us to the question: As a primary care nurse practitioner, what knowledge and resources do you need to support families choosing to breastfeed?
Lactation Consultants and Primary Care Nurse Practitioners
August is Breastfeeding Awareness Month. This week, we're talking with Joanna Kreyling, an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), pediatric nurse practitioner, and clinical director at Nest Collaborative. In our interview, we explore:
- Who lactation consultants are and how they help families
- When you might want to refer your patients to them
- And some important pearls and pitfalls to watch out for
Check it out here 👇
(FYI: to slow down the audio speed, hit the gear symbol in the bottom right corner and change it to .75x or .5x. Closed captions are also located at the bottom-right hand corner of the video.)
🎉 CME opportunity available for this video!
Here's how it works:
1. Click on this CME link: https://earnc.me/pHp6jG Sign up for $10 for this video episode.
2. Answer 2 reflective “nudges” AKA questions about what you learned and how it applies to your practice
3. Earn 1 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit! You can download your credits when you’re ready to use them (applicable for AANP, ANCC, and NCCPA certifications!)
This is a 3-month pilot program to see if this is something that would serve our nurse practitioners and physician associates going forward! To learn more about how you can access these CME opportunities, go to: https://info.cmefy.com
The CME experience for The Real World NP Podcast, Youtube Channel, and Blog posts is powered by CMEfy - a seamless way for busy clinician learners to discover Internet Point-of-Care Learning opportunities that reward AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).™ Learn more at http://about.cmefy.com/cme-info