Understanding New Grad Nurse Practitioner Job OffersOct 11, 2022
⭐️ CME Opportunity for this video below ⭐️
You knew some things would be different when you decided to become a Nurse Practitioner. You would need more education; you’d have a whole host of new job-related responsibilities; you would probably even have different work hours. But did you expect the job search process would also be drastically different as an NP?
Nurse Practitioner Jobs, And Job Offers, Are Totally Different From RN Jobs
The job offers that you had as an RN were probably pretty cut and dried – most are a combination of hourly rate, insurance benefits, and perhaps some continuing education money. As an RN, you may have been through the job-hunting process several times – making you an expert on that process. You might expect the NP job search process to be very similar. Spoiler alert: not really.
Finding the right fit in a prospective workplace doesn’t have to be a mystery, and you don’t have to go it alone, either. This week, we’ll talk about some of the differences between RN and NP job searches, how to navigate the differences, and find the job (and job offer) that is best for you.
- What to do if you end up in a toxic work environment
- How to really calculate your hourly rate as an NP
- What does scheduling have to do with a job offer?
- Thinking beyond salary when evaluating your job offer
- The role of productivity and RVUs
You worked really hard to be a candidate for NP jobs. You deserve to go into the job search – and negotiation – process with as much preparation as possible. Whether you are on the hunt for your first job as a new grad Nurse Practitioner or you are an experienced NP looking for a workplace with a better fit, having a good understanding of the ins and outs of Nurse Practitioner job offers will benefit you.
(FYI: to slow down or speed up the audio, hit the gear symbol in the bottom right corner and change it to 0.5x (slower) or 1.5x (faster). Closed captions are also located at the bottom R corner of the video.)
🎉 CME opportunity available for this video!
Here's how it works:
1. Click on this CME link: https://earnc.me/A3T7KI Sign up for $10 for this video episode.
2. Answer 2 reflective “nudges” AKA questions about what you learned and how it applies to your practice
3. Earn 1 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit! You can download your credits when you’re ready to use them (applicable for AANP, ANCC, and NCCPA certifications!)
This is a 3-month pilot program to see if this is something that would serve our nurse practitioners and physician associates going forward! To learn more about how you can access these CME opportunities, go to: https://info.cmefy.com
The CME experience for The Real World NP Podcast, Youtube Channel, and Blog posts is powered by CMEfy - a seamless way for busy clinician learners to discover Internet Point-of-Care Learning opportunities that reward AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).™ Learn more at http://about.cmefy.com/cme-info
If you liked this post, also check out:
- Red Flags When Looking For Jobs | Nurse Practitioners
- · New Nurse Practitioner Q & A | How to know when to change jobs
- · Clinical Interview Questions for New Nurse Practitioners