Syphilis Laboratory Diagnosis for New Nurse PractitionersJan 12, 2021
⭐️ CME Opportunity for this video below ⭐️
Syphilis lab interpretation can be confusing, and it’s a BIG topic, but in this video I review the most common scenario that I see in primary care.
Interpreting Syphilis Labs in Primary Care
I cover treponemal and non-treponemal tests, how to interpret them most specifically in the context of slightly abnormal, asymptomatic patients (the most common scenario in primary care), as well as the treatment and follow up, and when to refer to a specialist.
(FYI: to slow down the audio speed, hit the gear symbol in the bottom right corner and change it to .75x or .5x. Closed captions are also located at the bottom R-hand corner of the video.)
If you liked this post, also check out:
- HSV Diagnosis For New Nurse Practitioners
- Monkeypox For Nurse Practitioners - Part 1
- Pap Screening In Primary Care
Accessibility Matters: Read The Full Transcript Here
🎉 CME opportunity available for this video!
Here's how it works:
1. Click on this CME link: https://earnc.me/ToHIb6 Sign up for $10 for this video episode.
2. Answer 2 reflective “nudges” AKA questions about what you learned and how it applies to your practice
3. Earn 1 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit! You can download your credits when you’re ready to use them (applicable for AANP, ANCC, and NCCPA certifications!)
This is a 3-month pilot program to see if this is something that would serve our nurse practitioners and physician associates going forward! To learn more about how you can access these CME opportunities, go to: https://info.cmefy.com
The CME experience for The Real World NP Podcast, Youtube Channel, and Blog posts is powered by CMEfy - a seamless way for busy clinician learners to discover Internet Point-of-Care Learning opportunities that reward AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).™ Learn more at http://about.cmefy.com/cme-info
Lab Interpretation Crash Course
If you liked this episode, it's a sneak preview of how we cover labs inside our comprehensive Lab Interpretation Crash Course. It covers CBC, CMP, Urinalysis, Dipstick & Microscopy, TSH, Lipids & top Endocrine labs in primary care, and comes with lifetime access and continuing education credits! Check it out here.