What I Wish I Asked At My Job Interview As A Nurse PractitionerOct 18, 2022
⭐️ CME Opportunity for this video below ⭐️
You know that moment in the job interview when they ask if you have any questions? Have you ever been totally stumped? Not fun. Even worse is when you get home afterward and think of all the questions that you wish you asked. We have all been there; without a little prep work, it’s very likely that we will all be there again.
Now for the good news. If you are on the job hunt, or about to be, we have the questions to ask that will give you lots of information about the job and the workplace, and really help you to understand whether it is the right fit for you. Yes, it is possible to go into an interview setting with good questions and come away with great information.
The questions you definitely want to ask in your nurse practitioner job interview
This week, we have some secret strategies to set you up for success in your Nurse
Practitioner job search. We’ll cover:
- Outside-the-box ways of finding a job
- Spotting warning signs in the interview
- Orientation – and why you want to ask about it
- Why you should ask about protocols
- What is team-based care, and what does it mean to you as a Nurse Practitioner?
Job searches can be exciting and stressful at the same time. Investing the time in advance to gather background information on a prospective employer, asking high-yield interview questions, and then reflecting on what you have learned will put you in the best possible position to pick the job that is right for you. And while nothing is guaranteed, it’s a strong strategy for choosing the job and the workplace that is the best fit for you, no matter which stage of your career (or job search) that you are in.
(FYI: to slow down or speed up the audio, hit the gear symbol in the bottom right corner and change it to 0.5x (slower) or 1.5x (faster). Closed captions are also located at the bottom R corner of the video.)
🎉 CME opportunity available for this video!
Here's how it works:
1. Click on this CME link: https://earnc.me/znKTWC Sign up for $10 for this video episode.
2. Answer 2 reflective “nudges” AKA questions about what you learned and how it applies to your practice
3. Earn 1 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit! You can download your credits when you’re ready to use them (applicable for AANP, ANCC, and NCCPA certifications!)
This is a 3-month pilot program to see if this is something that would serve our nurse practitioners and physician associates going forward! To learn more about how you can access these CME opportunities, go to: https://info.cmefy.com
The CME experience for The Real World NP Podcast, Youtube Channel, and Blog posts is powered by CMEfy - a seamless way for busy clinician learners to discover Internet Point-of-Care Learning opportunities that reward AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).™ Learn more at http://about.cmefy.com/cme-info
If you liked this post, also check out:
- New Nurse Practitioner Job Tips with The Resume RX
- Clinical Interview Questions for New Nurse Practitioners
- New Nurse Practitioner Q & A | How to know when to change jobs