Ortho in Primary Care: Hacks for New Nurse PractitionersApr 28, 2020
⭐️ CME Opportunity for this video below ⭐️
Ortho has to be the one of the main subjects new NPs stress about. Experienced NPs, too. It's one of the specialty fields that has an incredibly broad depth of knowledge, so it's a lot to learn in a short period of time.
If you're feeling like you don't know enough, and still have to see patients with ortho complaints (especially in telemedicine)-- here are the "hacks" of primary care ortho management.
Orthopedic Hacks in Primary Care
In this episode, you'll learn:
- The main 4 steps to managing almost all ortho complaints in primary care
- The top red flags overarching most ortho complaints
- How to triage ortho complaints
- When to send to ortho (and what to do first)
Check it out here 👇
(FYI: to slow down the audio speed, hit the gear symbol in the bottom right corner and change it to .75x or .5x. Closed captions are also located at the bottom R hand corner of the video.)
🎉 CME opportunity available for this video!
Here's how it works:
1. Click on this CME link: https://earnc.me/rLvSsz Sign up for $10 for this video episode.
2. Answer 2 reflective “nudges” AKA questions about what you learned and how it applies to your practice
3. Earn 1 hour of AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit! You can download your credits when you’re ready to use them (applicable for AANP, ANCC, and NCCPA certifications!)
This is a 3-month pilot program to see if this is something that would serve our nurse practitioners and physician associates going forward! To learn more about how you can access these CME opportunities, go to: https://info.cmefy.com
The CME experience for The Real World NP Podcast, Youtube Channel, and Blog posts is powered by CMEfy - a seamless way for busy clinician learners to discover Internet Point-of-Care Learning opportunities that reward AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s).™ Learn more at http://about.cmefy.com/cme-info
If you like this post, also check out:
- Diagnostic Approach To Back Pain
- Interview with an Orthopedic Nurse Practitioner
- Interview with a Physical Therapist
Accessibility Matters: Read The Full Transcript Here